Recipe: Khinkali with meat in Georgian traditional.
- How to cook khinkali: important details
- Georgian khinkali recipe
- Simple Georgian Khinkali
- Khinkali recipe in Georgian
- Traditional Khinkali in Georgian
- Meat "bags" at home
- Georgian "puff sausages" with meat and mushrooms
- Sweet Georgian "dumplings" with cherries
Khinkali is a cult Georgian dish similar to dumplings, but with its own national identity.
How to cook khinkali: important details
Khinkali, if they are made by an experienced cook, are full of juice (broth) inside and have many “folds”. However, the latter circumstance, which requires, as they say, skill, as well as not too much experience, never stopped the khinkali lovers to cook them at home. And cook khinkali in Georgian, if before you step by step recipe With a photo, it is not difficult at all. Especially when the details are clear.
- Dough for khinkali . The dough is similar to our dumplings. Sculpt for khinkali and with egg, and without. Roll out as thin as possible.
- Filling. It is believed that the correct khinkali in Georgian according to an authentic recipe is made with minced mutton (I cooked with it), but this is not quite so. Modern khinkali, in addition to lamb, stuffed with pig and beef mince. Beef always put more: for 1 kg of meat it will be 3/4, that is, about 700 g. In addition, khinkali are cooked with cheese, potatoes, mushrooms. But nothing compares to meat! Especially not ground in a meat grinder, but with a knife cut into small pieces, as it should be in real khinkali.
- Why inside the broth? An important difference in the filling of Georgian ravioli is its rather liquid consistency - water is specially added to the filling, so that the broth will “squish” inside the khinkali.
- Is greens added to the filling? There is not one hinkal tradition in Georgia, and not every recipe includes greens in the ingredients. The main weed, which is very meat in general, and khinkali in particular, is dried cumin. Cilantro and mint can be added to khinkali. Parsley and dill - a tribute to our Slavic tastes, but it also stuck!
- Modeling. It is prepared that a good "Mink" (one who sculpts dumplings), makes 28 folds. 18 folds - “threshold”, through which the student must step in order to be considered a professional khinka-lover.
- How and how much to cook khinkali? Cook khinkali in boiling salted water for 10-15 minutes.
They are considered an integral part of Georgian cuisine. Many read that meat is the most important thing in them, but this is not so in this dish, attention should be paid to meat juice. If we say that khinkali are the same, only of a different form, many will not understand this, only texture makes them together: they are also made of meat and dough. Cooking this dish is an art, not just putting the minced meat on a flat cake and pinching the edges. Now we will tell you how to cook delicious khinkali in Georgian.
Georgian khinkali recipe
- flour - 500 g;
- warm water - 1 cup;
- salt - to taste;
- meat (it is better to mix different varieties) - 250 g;
- onions - 1 pc .;
- cilantro - 1 bundle;
- meat broth - 60 g;
- a piece of dry bread;
- salt, pepper to taste.
Take the meat, bread and onions twist in a meat grinder. In the resulting stuffing add broth, cilantro, salt and mix. Sift flour with a slide and make a recess in it, pour in a glass of warm water, add a pinch of salt. Knead the dough in a circular motion and make sure that the water does not flow out of the flour. Cover and leave for 30 minutes, then divide the dough into pieces and roll out. Cut out circles with a diameter of about 12 cm with a glass. We put a large spoonful of filling in the center of each. We form pouches, along the perimeter we make small folds and fasten in the middle. The tip of the test we pin well. Boil khinkali 15 minutes and remove the dish from the pan gently, so as not to damage. Served at the table only hot.
Simple Georgian Khinkali
- egg - 1 pc .;
- flour - 3 cups;
- vegetable oil - 3 tbsp. spoons;
- water - 2 cups;
- meat - 1 kg;
- onions - 1 pc .;
- salt pepper.
To make the dough, mix the egg, water, vegetable oil and flour, knead well and let it soak. And proceed to the preparation of minced meat. Cilantro, onion and meat are minced in a meat grinder. All mix well, add salt, a little ground coriander, if the stuffing is dry, add water. And we proceed to the assembly of khinkali. We roll out a thick layer, about 1 centimeter thick, cut out small circles in a small glass and roll them into thin flat cakes, spread a spoonful of minced meat in the center and collect the bag. Boil khinkali in salted water for 15 minutes. Serve hot.
Khinkali recipe in Georgian
For the test:
- water - 0.4 liters;
- flour - 4 cups;
For minced meat:
- chopped meat - 1 kg;
- cream 15% - 200 ml;
- onions - 1 pc .;
- ground nutmeg.
Flour salt, pour in water and knead the dough. Stir it thoroughly for about ten minutes. We need the dough to be soft and pliable, not hard and rubbery. After kneading well, let it stand for 50 minutes and then roll it out. Add minced onion to the mince, sprinkle with salt, nutmeg, pepper and pour in cream. All mix in a homogeneous mass. On the cakes of dough with a diameter of 12 cm, lay out the stuffing and collect it in a bag with folds. Make sure that the top hole is well sealed. Put the bagged bags into boiling water and boil for seven minutes after boiling. Serve at the table, sprinkled with pepper.
Khinkali are dumplings in Georgian. Traditionally, khinkali are made from wheat flour, and ground beef is used as a filling, as well as a beef and pork assortment. The meat must be finely chopped with a knife. The filling should also contain a sufficiently large number of seasonings: black and red pepper, garlic, finely chopped onion, greens. Also, meat broth is added to the filling to make the hinkali more juicy. That is why khinkali eat with their hands so as not to lose tasty broth when piercing with a fork. To do this, with one hand you need to take khinkali for the "tail", and the second to hold the wall, bite the side, suck broth, and then eat, biting off the dough with the filling.
1. Rinse the meat, peel off the film and streak, finely chop with a knife. Peel the onions and garlic, finely chop, add to the mince, mix well. Add chopped lard. Add water, salt, pepper, stir in cumin, cilantro and pepper. Leave minced for 30 minutes.
2. Knead thick, stiff dough from flour and salted water. Roll out the dough into a 1 cm thick layer, cut into 4x4 cm squares. Fold 3 pieces on top of each other, sprinkle a small amount of flour between the layers, and roll out again. The result should be puff schni thickness of about 3 mm. This is how the real dough for khinkali is prepared.
3. Immediately after cooking, juicy stuffing in them. Put 40 grams of filling in the center of each square.
4. The edges of the juicy close tightly "accordion." Classic khinkali have 12 folds. Putting khinkali so knitted on a tray or board for the formation of a flat bottom.
5. Pour water into a saucepan, bring to a boil over high heat, add salt. using a scapula, create a whirlpool, throw the khinkali into the pan and create a whirlpool again, so that they do not stick together. Finished khinkali should float upside down in about 10 minutes.
6 Ready meal Immediately arrange in plates and sprinkle with ground black pepper. You can serve. Enjoy your meal!
Khinkali is a legendary culinary dish of Georgia, resembling large dumplings with juicy meat filling inside. How to cook khinkali in your kitchen so that they do not differ from the original Georgian dishes, we will tell in this material.
Nowadays, not every culinary specialist adheres to the traditional technology of cooking this dish. But the basic simple rules are preserved: Georgian “dumplings” must be large, filled with juicy minced meat, with a large number of fragrant spices. The main highlight - a form that is difficult for beginners to fashion. They resemble a bag with many folds and a tail, for which it is taken, because they eat this dish with their hands.
Traditional Khinkali in Georgian
First of all, we want to tell you the recipe of the Khinkali, according to which they are usually cooked in Georgia. The energy value of this product is 235 kcal.
We will need:
For ground beef:
- 0.6 kg of fat lamb;
- 0.3 kg of beef pulp;
- 3-4 pieces Luke;
- 4-5 cloves of garlic;
- a bunch of fresh parsley, dill, cilantro;
- salt, ground black pepper to taste;
- 100-150 ml of cold water.
For the test:
- 1-1.3 kg of flour;
- 10 g of salt;
- 700 ml of water.
Description of cooking steps:
- Let's start with the filling. It will require patience and scrupulousness from you. We take the meat and cut it into small pieces with a very sharp knife. Onions, garlic, green chopped. The ingredients are mixed, prisalivaem and season with spices.
- To make the meat juicy, and when cooked, a lot of broth formed inside our Georgian dish, add about 100-150 ml of cold water to the minced meat. Pour it in small portions, and thoroughly mix the whole mass each time.
- The dough for khinkali is cooked very easily. We add water and, pouring in parts the sifted flour, knead a thick, plastic mass. It is necessary to knead it for quite some time.
- Let us proceed to the formation of our food. Roll out the thin cakes in diameter centimeters 10. In the middle of the cakes put about 1 tablespoon of minced meat. The free edges of the pellet are raised above the pile of meat and put together to form folds. In conclusion, scroll through the "bag" with meat so that you get a "tail". A large number of folds is considered a sign of the skill of the chef. The result of your work can be compared with the photo.
- If you have a question about how to cook khinkali, then we will answer you - just like dumplings, only longer. Pour about 2 liters of liquid into a large saucepan, add it, add a few pieces of allspice, bay leaf and bring it to a boil. They eat this dish hot, so they need to boil as much as they eat at one time. Put our “bags” in boiling water, mix, wait for them to come up and cook them for half an hour.
- We put the finished khinkali in Georgian on a large plate. If you wish, you can pour melted butter and sprinkle with any greens.
Meat "bags" at home
This method of cooking Georgian food is very much like dumplings. That's just the stuffing inside is much juicier.
To make homemade khinkali we need the following set of products:
- 300 g pork pulp;
- 300 grams of beef pulp;
- 2 onions;
- 75 ml of cold broth;
- 1 bunch of any greens;
- 1 egg;
- 350 g of warm water;
- 30 grams of olive oil;
- 3-3.5 st. flour;
- salt, spices to taste.
- To make minced meat, grind the meat with a meat grinder. Onions, greens finely mode. Mix the ingredients, prisalivaem and pour any spices. Knead the mixture, partly pouring cold broth. Cover the mince and remove in a cold place.
- Flour the flour in a slide, make a recess into which we drive an egg, pour in water and oil, add it. Gently, mix everything with a fork. The dough must be plastic and not stick to the hands.
- We form our dish and cook as in the previous recipe. If you wish, you can cook steamed khinkali. In this case, they definitely will not stick together and will not be damaged, since they do not need to be constantly stirred. In a large pot pour liquid, more than half of its volume, and boil it. When the water begins to boil, we install a special mesh, lay out our meat bags on it, cover everything with a lid and cook them for half an hour. You can use a double boiler.
- Serve them with cream, greens or sour cream sauce.
Georgian "puff sausages" with meat and mushrooms
If you want to cook something extraordinary and quite satisfying, then puff khinkali is the most suitable option.
- 350 ml of water;
- 30 ml of olive oil;
- 3-3.5 st. flour;
- 600g chicken fillet;
- 2-3 bulbs stuff;
- 6 pieces large champignons;
- a small bunch of dill;
- salt, spices to taste.
- 1 tbsp. broth;
- 150 ml of sour cream or cream;
- 2 cloves of garlic;
- salt, pepper, ground black taste.
- First make the dough. In a bowl, mix water, salt and butter. Gradually add the sifted flour and knead the dense, elastic mass. Cover it and remove in a cold place.
- Now proceed to the preparation of the filling. Chicken fillet and chop the onion with a meat grinder. Mushrooms cut into small pieces, chop dill. Mix all the ingredients, prisalivaem and pour spices.
- The dough is divided into 4 parts. Take 1 part and roll it into a thin layer. Apply a layer of minced meat and turn everything into a sausage. Cut it into pieces about 3 cm long and lay it in a greased baking tray in a deep pan.
- We will prepare them in pouring. Mix the broth and cream. Add the ground black pepper, finely chopped garlic and add it to the taste. Pour rolls with this mixture, cover the baking sheet with foil and send to the oven heated to 180 degrees. Cooking khinkali in the oven will take about half an hour. After the time has expired, we remove the foil and hold it in the oven for a few more minutes, so that they turn slightly red. If desired, you can rub the top hard cheese and sprinkle with dill. Eating them is best hot with tomato sauce.
Sweet Georgian "dumplings" with cherries
If you want something tasty, but not very high-calorie, then cook dumplings with cherries, which caloric content is only 105 kcal.
To prepare them, we need elementary products:
- 350 ml of water;
- 1.5 Art. spoons of salt;
- 3-3.5 st. flour.
- 600 g cherries with a stone;
- 200 g of sugar;
- 35 grams of starch.
Description of preparation:
- Pour into a bowl warm water , we add it. Pour the sifted flour in parts and knead the elastic mass. Cover it with a napkin and give a little rest.
- Cherry washed and dried. Sugar mixed with starch.
- We roll the dough thinly and cut out circles with a diameter of 7 centimeters. In the middle we place an incomplete spoonful of starch-sugar mixture and 6-7 berries. We form kolobochki, as in the previous recipes.
- In a large container pour 2-2.5 liters of liquid, add a spoonful of salt and boil it. Cherry dumplings are dipped in boiling water and gently mixed so as not to damage. Cook them for about 5 minutes after they come up.
- We put the finished products on a towel so that they dry. Serve on a platter, sprinkled with a little sugar. For the filling you can take any other berries.
We told you several options. Georgian dishes , and already how to cook khinkali, you choose. In any case, you will always get tasty and hearty food.